Thursday, June 15, 2017

He had to leave again...

I knew that his stay wouldnt last long so we took totally advantage of him being here.  He helped unpack boxes that I just hadnt gotten to with the recent move.  He helped with the kids like he always does and most of all he took care of me and made sure I was doing the things I needed to do to get me in  a healthier state.

I was truly blessed with him as a husband and father for our kids.  But then he had to go back to deployment.  I struggled a little at 1st but had started counseling once a week with an amazing therapist so I was feeling confident that things were going in the right direction.  I was finding little ways each day for personal reflection and encouragement.  I made myself get out more and most importantly I was taking my medication as directed.

Therapy was helping and Tim was helping me learning about my thoughts and feelings in a deeper way rather than just knowing I feel this way but finding out why and what triggers these emotions.  I learned how to validate my thoughts and feelings and realize that some are silly and some are legit.

At this point the medication was working.  I was finally sleeping well every night with the sleep medication that I was prescribed.  This helped me during the day to stay alert and attentive more than I had in the past.  Tim was giving me information to ponder inbetween counseling sessions and even a little homework that I was eager to learn more about.

I have found that learning about anxiety and depression and how it affects people has helped me better understand myself and feel a lot less crazy.  Lets face it, all these feelings have made me wonder at times if I have been losing my mind.  Its nice to know that I am not in this alone and Im not crazy.  Thank goodness for a loving therapist who truly cares about his patients.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is anxiety and depression

Here are a few bits of information on anxiety and depression.  Sometimes family and friends dont fully understand it and thats okay.  So let...