Thursday, June 15, 2017

The Hospital

I got to the hospital FINALLY after lots of forms and questions later.  They gave me meds to help me sleep and a nice snack since I missed dinner.  The staff was amazing and so incredibly nice.  I started off in a room by myself.  That night I slept like a champ.  A combination of sleeping medication and knowing that my kids were in the best hands possible helped me be able to focus on me which is something I havent done in a very long time.

I woke up the next morning with a roommate.  I wasnt quite sure how to take her so I kept my distance and had minimal interaction with her at first.  I attended Yoga classes and group therapy as well as individual therapy.  I figured if I was going to be there I needed to utilize the resources that were available to me.  I ended up finding that most of the people in there were just like me.  Normal family people who have to suffer from anxiety and depression as well.  I learned so much from those around me and made some great friends (which is not what I was thinking I would do).  I learned to love Yoga and see the benefits in it.  I fell in love with group therapy to see how others feel and how they cope.  My stay was well worth it.   My medication was changed and regulated, I was actually eating normal meals again, and I was taking time for myself to learn and grow from books, therapy, and those around me.  We played card games and watched tv.  We did group classes and just hung out.  I was in there with a great group of people who helped me heal and grow and learn in so many ways.  My experience was so positive and I am so grateful for that.

Then came discharge.  I was so ready to get back to my babies and my husband who was deployed was home for emergency leave so I would be able to hang with him for a few days to readjust.  This was going to be a blast.  Or so I thought.

The return home was great.  The kids were happy to see me.  They told me about their adventures with Miss Sarah and how happy they were that daddy came for a visit.  DH and I got to spend time together and talk and work things out of how we wanted to work this situation with our family.  Getting better was our number one priority and my DH was totally supportive and loving the entire time.  What a gem I scored right!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is anxiety and depression

Here are a few bits of information on anxiety and depression.  Sometimes family and friends dont fully understand it and thats okay.  So let...